Seeing as we have been doing monthly favourite posts, we also thought it would be fitting to do a post all about our key favourites/favourite moments of the year together! 6 faves for 2016!
1) Holiday to Ibiza – we booked a very last minute holiday to Ibiza for an absolute bargain! For some reason flights to Ibiza were super cheaper so we first booked flights and then decided to check out accommodation. We decided that we didn’t want to stay in San Antonia, firstly becuase its super expensive and secondly becuase we didn’t want to go away to solely party! We stayed in ? And paid to go all inclusive which was so worth it. The highlights of the trip were the day trip to the Island of Formentera and the day at Ocean Beach Club.
2) Running – this year we have loved going running, especially in the summer when its warm. We have explored a lot of our local area going on super long runs. Even in the cold winter dark evenings we have managed to keep up the running, but stuck to the roads and not the woods! We entered to the London Marathon for 2017 but were unsuccessful but would like to definelty enter a race of some sort next year.
3) Protein powder – this year we have really got into protein powder. We will have a protein shake after the gym but have also begun experimenting with it in the kitchen. We have got into pancakes with protein in them in a big way, it has been such fun experimenting with different flavour combinations. We have also made protein flapjacks and protein muffins so watch this space!
4) Nights out – we have had some very funny nights out this year, from local nights out to a crazy night out in Sheffield. We love dressing up, letting our hair down, having a drink or two and a boogie on the dance floor!
5) Fitbit – we both received fitbits for Christmas last year, so this year we have loved wearing them and tracking our steps. They particularly handy as we sit in an office all day long. Scarily they have become addictive and we always try to make sure we meet our target of 10,000 steps a day! Post to follow in the New Year so watch this space.
6) Photography – now we are not professional photographs but we have loved experimenting behind the camera this year. We have realised how important it is to take good photos for our blog and Instagram account. We now have a ‘bridge’ camera to take photos on, and have also got a tripod, this is very handy when there is no one about to take a picture for us. We would love to invest in a D-SLR in the near future. Think we need to get saving first though!
We cannot wait to see what 2017 will bring
What were your highlights of 2016? Share them with us!