Sometimes just small steps or simple changes are all you need to do to live a little healthier lifestyle. The worst thing to do is to change everything about your life and routine because that’s not sustainable and you wont be able to do it forever. Making small changes to your routine and lifestyle is the best way. We have written down a couple of tips for you to get started!
1) Take the stairs – we know everyone says this but honestly taking the stairs is such a fab idea and also helps build those glutes! If you work in a tall office then opt to take the stairs in the morning rather than the lift. If you are in a shopping mall take the stairs instead of the escalator or lift. If you are travelling on the London Underground choose to walk up the escalator rather than stand. A small change but a bit difference
2) Get off a stop earlier – again we know everyone says this but again its a great idea and something that can be so easily added to your daily routine. If you take the bus or train anywhere, get off a stop early and walk that little bit further. It also much nicer to and great time to have some time to yourself and have a lovely walk – you may discover new places that you never knew existed!
3) Get out at lunch – you are given a lunch break for a reason, TAKE IT! So many people these days choose to sit at their desk on in the office for their lunch break. Most companies do not pay your for your lunch break, you are entitled to it so take it! Going for a walk at lunch not only breaks up your day, it also clears your head and gives your that motivation for the afternoon but is a great way to do a gentle walk. Just go on a short walk outside around your workplace and its a very easy way to get your body mood and heart racing.
4) Get a Fitbit or similar – now we know this is something that involves costs but all the devices that track your steps are great motivation. We both have Fitbits (and even wrote a post all about our love for them!), and we do not know what we would do without them now. Fitbit’s add that extra bit of motivation to your day to try and walk those 10,000 steps. However they also track your sleep and can tell you every hour that you need to be active.
5) Eat breakfast – breakfast is the most important meal of the day and our favourite meal too. We absolutely love love breakfast, its so tasty and there are so many different things you can have for breakfast. We sometimes wish we didnt work so we can make super tasty breakfasts every morning. But then again it gives us something to look forward to at the weekend. During the week we will usually have, porridge, yoghurt and granola or overnight oats for breakfast. However at the weekend we like to experiment with our breakfasts and try new recipes, with our firm favourites being pancakes or waffles. Make sure you eat breakfast every morning because this sets you up for the day and will stop you from snacking on sugary things mid morning .
6) Avoid coffee and sugary things before bed – in the evening you need to start winding down early so you get a good nights sleep. Avoid drinking coffee in the evenings or any fizzy drinks. Also avoid any sugary foods too as all of these things will keep you awake and stop you from getting to sleep. A good night sleep is key to any lifestyle and will make your weeks feel much better.