There is so much to see and do at Disneyland Paris that we thought following our recent visit we would write a post so that you don’t miss out on all our favourite parts of the park
1) Firework Display – lots of people do not realise but at close of the park there is the most amazing firework display. As the display is at close the time of it can vary throughout the year, the park usually stays open a little later in the summer than in the winter. The firework display also changes depending on the time of year you visit as they like to update it to be in keeping with the current films and popular characters. The display is amazing, there is music and images are projected onto the castle whilst an epic firework display happens – all at the same time! This is the one thing that is not to be missed!
2) Parade – The parade happens (weather permitting) everyday. Again the time of the parade can vary, its usually either at 3pm/5pm/5.30pm . The parade is a magical event full of all the popular characters parading down Mainstreet to a catchy tune. It pays to get yourself a spot for the parade early. People start sitting down on the sidewalk up to 45 minutes before the parade starts. You want a spot so when you take pictures the castle is in the background – this is the ideal anyway! We recommend grabbing a coffee (its it cold), or an ice cream if its hot and making yourself comfortable on the sidewalk to grab your spot! Make sure your camera is ready to take pictures and some of the characters may even come up to you and interact with you!
3) Buffalo Bills Wild West Show – this is at 6pm and 9pm (at time of writing) and we think is excellent. You watch a fantastic show featuring Mickey and his friends along with some real life animals and stunts whilst tucking into the tastiest 3 course meal. They also refill your beer constantly throughout the show! This is one that is not to be missed and is ideal for all.
4) Character meet and greet – you cannot go to Disneyland and not get a picture with your favourite character. On arriving to the park make sure you pick up a guide with all the timings in it. Then pick the character(s) you want to see and go and queue to see them. You have to be prepared to queue and wait your turn but its definitely worth the wait. Depending on the characters you want to see you will either be queuing inside or outside. In Disneyland you will queue inside to the see Mickey and the Princesses, however in Studios you have to queue outside to see Mickey. For children you can get the characters to sign your autograph book. These books can be bought from any merchandise store, however you will also have to buy the pen too. The characters can only sign using a special (thicker) pen so you need to buy one of these too!
5) Character dining – dining with the characters is so much fun and you can have character dining at Auberge de Cendrillon, Inventions and Plaza Gardens Restaurant. Character breakfast is our favourite! This is the most magical experience ever but must be booked way in advance.
6) RIDES! – we have put our favourite and must queue rides for you all to enjoy!
6a) Big Thunder Mountain – this has recently been reopened and its such a fab roller-coaster. The ride is so much longer than you expect it to be, it goes very fast but doesn’t go upside down. Try and get fast passes for this ride for sure!
6b) Rockin Roller-coaster – the ride goes upside down so be warned, it goes very very fast and does plenty of loop de loops! There is loud pumping music whilst you scream your head off!
6c) Indiana Jones – this is such a classic and we love it. Its even more fun going on this ride in the evening when its dark.
6d) It’s a small world – you cannot go to Disney and not go on this ride and get the song stuck in your head – its a small world after-all……
6e) Pirates of the Caribbean – the crazy thing about this ride is that it is not based on the film, rather the film was inspired by the first ride! Walt imagined this ride just before he passed away and its so good. You can also go on this ride in America too, and if you are lucky Johnny Depp might make an appearance. This ride is suitable for all and you sit in a large boat and go on a journey around the pirate world.
6f) Crush’s Coaster – as the name suggests this is a Finding Nemo/Dory themed roller-coaster. This is a good one to help introduce the young ones to a roller-coaster, and parents love it too!
7) Moteurs… Action! Stunt Show Spectacular – you HAVE to watch this show at the Studios. Its an amazing car show with fire and lots of cool stunts. We love this show and cannot recommend it enough.
8) Shops – make sure you visit the shops to look at all the amazing merchandise you can purchase. Al the merchandise is exclusive to the parks so you won’t be able to buy it anywhere else. We love our Mickey Ears and we just HAD to buy them, plus look how cute they look!
9) Disneyland Hotel – if you have all the money in the world then you HAVE to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. We haven’t stayed ourselves but it is a dream of ours. You are literally staying right at the entrance to the hotel and can imagine you can see the castle from your hotel window! The hotel is the best hotel in all of Disneyland Paris resort so if you are wanting that super magical visit then this is a must stay. Imagine watching the fireworks at the end of the day from the comfort of your hotel room…. two girls can dream eh!
10) Photopass – why not get a Disney photopass to capture all the memories from your time at DLP. Whenever you get your picture taken, be on a ride or with a character you can get it saved/downloaded to your photopass. You have 10 days to buy and download the pictures, or even have the special pictures printed.