These brownies are the perfect gift to make for your loved one. They would also be the ideal dessert after your romantic Valentines dinner. OR if like us you just fancy making something super yummy and delicious this is the perfect recipe.
Let us know if you decide to make them and be sure to send us photo!
375g unsalted butter
375g plain chocolate
6 large, free range eggs
200g caster sugar
150g dark brown soft sugar
225g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
Good quality raspberry jam (or follow our recipe to raspberry jam in this recipe)For the cheesecake:
200g cream cheese
100g white chocolate
100g caster sugar
1 large egg
1) Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and line a deep baking tray with parchment paper
2) First make the cheesecake mixture by melting the white chocolate in a bowl over a low heat. Whisk together the cream cheese, caster sugar and egg with a hand mixer or stand alone mixer. Then add the melted chocolate and set aside
3) To make the brownie, melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over simmering water. Meanwhile with a hand mixer or stand alone mixer, whisk together the sugar and eggs.
4) Once the chocolate and butter is melted add to the eggs and whisk.
5) Fold in the butter and baking powder, making sure you do not over beat.
6) Pour the brownie mixture into the lined baking tray, then dollop on top the cheesecake mixture and raspberry jam. Swirl together to the consistency of your choice.
7) Cook in the oven for 25 minutes, do not over bake, then leave to cool
8) Once cooled cut out the heart shapes if desired.
We are definitely getting into the spirit of Halloween this year and we cannot get enough of Halloween cooking. These are the worlds gooiest brownies and you will want to eat the whole lot!
They are lots of fun to make and not too difficult, enjoy the recipe below and let us know how you get on!
350g/12oz dark chocolate
250g/9oz unsalted butter, chopped into squares
3 large eggs
250g/9oz dark muscavado sugar
85g.3oz plain flour
1tsp baking powder
400g white chocolate
1 bag large marshmallows
small chocolate decorative balls
1) Preheat the oven to 150ºc. Butter a tray bake tin and line with grease proof paper.
2) Melt the chocolate and butter together, over a pan of simmering water. Stir well and cool.
3) Whisk the eggs until pale, then whisk in the sugar until thick and glossy and well combined. Gently fold in the melted chocolate mixture then sift in the flour and baking powder and gently stir until smooth.
4) Pour into the tray bake tin and bake for 25-35 minutes or until just firm to touch. There should be moist/gooey crumbs on the skewer when inserted. Do NOT be tempted to overcook!
5) Once cooled, melt all the white chocolate over a low heat. Dip the marshmallows into the white chocolate and then place 2 chocolate balls on the mallows as the ghosts eyes.
6) Cut the brownies into squares and pour the remaining melted chocolate over each brownie to make the puddle. Put a marshmallow ghost on each brownie. Leave to set and enjoy – HAPPY HALLOWEEN!