We are definitely getting into the spirit of Halloween this year and we cannot get enough of Halloween cooking. These are the worlds gooiest brownies and you will want to eat the whole lot!
They are lots of fun to make and not too difficult, enjoy the recipe below and let us know how you get on!
350g/12oz dark chocolate
250g/9oz unsalted butter, chopped into squares
3 large eggs
250g/9oz dark muscavado sugar
85g.3oz plain flour
1tsp baking powder
400g white chocolate
1 bag large marshmallows
small chocolate decorative balls
1) Preheat the oven to 150ºc. Butter a tray bake tin and line with grease proof paper.
2) Melt the chocolate and butter together, over a pan of simmering water. Stir well and cool.
3) Whisk the eggs until pale, then whisk in the sugar until thick and glossy and well combined. Gently fold in the melted chocolate mixture then sift in the flour and baking powder and gently stir until smooth.
4) Pour into the tray bake tin and bake for 25-35 minutes or until just firm to touch. There should be moist/gooey crumbs on the skewer when inserted. Do NOT be tempted to overcook!
5) Once cooled, melt all the white chocolate over a low heat. Dip the marshmallows into the white chocolate and then place 2 chocolate balls on the mallows as the ghosts eyes.
6) Cut the brownies into squares and pour the remaining melted chocolate over each brownie to make the puddle. Put a marshmallow ghost on each brownie. Leave to set and enjoy – HAPPY HALLOWEEN!