London has so many beautiful parks such as Hyde Park and Regents Park and we would definitely recommend visiting them. However Battersea Park is so underrated and not spoken about as much so this is why we have written a whole post about it (especially as Rach lives just around the corner).
We love Battersea Park and here are our reasons why:
1) Its right on the River Thames and the views of Chelsea Bridge, Albert Bridge and the Shard are stunning. There is something nice about being on the south of the river
2) There are lots of cute areas and gardens to discover that we stumble across every time we visit.
3) The Pagoda’s and statues are beautiful and you would not expect to see the large gold Buddha on the side of the Rover Thames.
4) The Pear Tree Cafe is the perfect brunch spot especially in the summer. You can sit down and enjoy a delicious brunch at one of the many benches on the side of the lake, but there is plenty of seating inside too. You can also takeaway and you can skip the queues by heading to the takeaway kiosk.
5) You can pick up some plants from the Thrive garden centre, where you will not only benefit from some lovely plants for yourself but are also supporting a charity.
6) You can play Pitch and Put if you fancy a spot of golf. A sunny afternoon in London and nothing better to do than play some golf with friends.
7) You can be a monkey for the afternoon at Go Ape. Well I never, Go Ape in the middle of London, yes you heard us correctly. Okay this course may not be as big or as daring as other ones in the country but it is still cool to think that you can go and be a monkey for the day even in central London!
8) Hiring pedalos is super fun and something you can do in Battersea Park. No need to battle the tourists of fight the crowds in Hyde Park, instead head to Battersea Park and hire your pedalo here instead!
9) You are super close to Battersea Power Station. Battersea Power Station is soon to be the Apple HQ and they are currently redeveloping the entire areas. We actually visited here a couple of weeks ago for the first time and its so cool. There are lots of new restaurants that have opened and many more opening soon. You can visit for a coffee or there is even a wine bar and the cutest local grocery store too.
10) You are super close to Battersea Cats and Dogs home if you fancied popping in to see some cuties. We actually often see volunteers from the centre out walking dogs from the home in the park and its so cute!
We hope you enjoyed our list of reasons as to why you need to visit Battersea Park and we hope we have convinced you to visit for yourself. If you do decide to visit let us know what you think, we love hearing about your adventures!