If you follow our Instagram you will see how much we love coffee, so it seemed the perfect idea to experiment and make mocha protein pancakes. Pancakes are so easy to make and once you have the base recipe you can just add flavour to them. We also made ‘nicecream’ for the first time, and it turned out really well. You basically blend frozen bananas and we decided to add a shot of espresso.
We hope you enjoy these as much as us, let us know if you decide to recreate these delcicious pancakes and also share a photo with us on twitter or instagram as we love to see!
Makes 8 Pancakes
Note- that you have to prepare the nicecream the night before you make the pancakes.
100g Oats Blended or oat flour or oatmeal flour
1 Scoop Unflavoured Protein
3 egg whites
1.5tsp Bicarbonate of soda
1.5tsp Baking Powder
2tbsp raw cacao
1tbsp coconut sugar
50ml Milk of your choice we used oat milk (add a bit at a time as you may need more or less)
1 bar melted dark chocolate
2tbsp maple syrup
2 bananas frozen
1 espresso shot
1.roughly chop the banana and place in an air tight container before putting them in the freezer for at least 5 hours (we did it the night before)
2. Take the bananas out of the freezer and blend them until they form an ice cream like consistency (it will be quite runny). Add the shot of espresso to the mixture and pour into a container.
3. Place the banana mix back into the freezer for a couple of hours until solid.
4.Place the dry ingredient in a bowl
5. Add the egg whites and mix. Add the espresso and then slowly add the milk until a batter forms.
6. Heat your pan (medium/high heat) and melt some coconut oil.
7. Add a table spoon of mixture to your pan and flip once bubbles appear on the surface.
8. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water and then add the maple syrup
9. Stack the pancakes, place a scoop of espresso nicecream ontop and drizzle with the chocolate sauce