We recently saw the Body Coach post a recipe on all his social media channels and it just looked so delicious that we had to make it. As you may or may not be aware one of us has to follow a a special diet due to severe IBS. This means no onion, garlic and a reduced amount of some types of dairy and also wheat.
Thankfully hard cheeses, such as cheddar can still be eaten.
We hope you enjoy this as much as us, we will definitely be making it again soon.
25g dairy free butter
25g gluten free flour
300-400ml almond milk
200g gluten free pasta
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
2) Bring a pan of water to the boil
3) Melt the butter in a separate pan
4) add the flour to the butter and stir and cook for a couple of minutes
5) slowly add the milk stiring as you go, a whisk may be useful to reduce lumps and bring to the boil. Then simmer for about 8 minutes
6) Whilst your cheese sauce is simmering, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook as per instructions
7) In a separate pan, add the coconut oil and fry the chicken until cooked. Then add the paprika.
8) Stir in a handful of grated cheese to the pan that had been simmering and allow it to melt, taste and add more cheese if you want
9) Drain the pasta and then pour into a large baking dish.
10) Toss the cooked chicken in followed by the cheese sauce and mix together
11) Sprinkle on bread crumbs and grated cheese and cook for 20-30 minutes