It feels like we have not posted a cupcake recipe it FOREVER So we had to change that immediately which prompted us to bake these delicious rocky road cupcakes. We set ourselves the challenge of using up ingredients we have in our baking box (you should see our baking box it is jam packed) and this was the outcome.
They were a bit of an experiment as we had never made marshmallow icing before but we were so happy with how they turned out and they tasted so delicious! If you don’t have all the ingredients for the topping then it really does not matter just make it up like we did!
12 cupcake cases (we used gold ones)
110g butter (softened)
110g caster sugar
110g self-raising flour
2tbsp Raw Cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
300g Icing sugar
200g White Marshmallows (you can also use pink ones)
White chocolate buttons
Milka or any chocolate bar of your choice
1. Pre-heat the over to 180 degrees and put 12 cupcake cases into a cupcake tray
2. For the cake beat together the butter and sugar in a free standing mixer, beat until the mixture is fluffy.
3. Crack in the eggs, sift in the flour,raw cacao powder and baking powder and mix until the mixture is combined but do not over mix.
5. Spoon the mixture into the cases and then cook in the oven for 12 minutes. A skewer should come out clean.
6. Place to one side and leave to cool
Icing Method & Toppings
1. place the butter into a saucepan and melt over a low heat
2. Once the butter had melted add the marshmallows to the mixture and stir continuously until melted (be careful not to burn them).
3. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually stir in the icing sugar until combined (it will be very sticky)
4. Spoon a generous amount of icing on top of each cupcake (it will seep down the sides
5. Place each of the toppings onto the cupcakes and make them look Instagram worthy