Vanilla cupcakes are nice and easy to make and the kids can easily get involved too (licking the bowl as well of course!!). We decided to make our simple cupcake recipe and then decorate with red/pink coloured sugary treats. You can decorate them however you would like, the brighter the better!
tsp baking powder
drop vanilla essence
250g icing sugar
80g butter, softened
1) Preheat the over to 180 degrees and put 12 cupcake cases into a cupcake tray (we used red spotty cases from Tesco)
2) For the cake beat together the butter and sugar in a free standing mixer, beat until the mixture is fluffy.
3)Crack in the eggs, sift in the flour and add the baking powder and vanilla essence. Beat until the mixture is combined but do not over mix.
4) Spoon the mixture into the cases and then cook in the oven for 12 minutes. A skwewer should come out clean and they should look golden. Leave to cool
5) For the icing put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until fluffy. The longer you mix the fluffier and nicer the icing will be.
6) Pipe the icing onto the cupcakes when they are cool and have fun with your decorating!