These are the simpliest muffins you can ever make, if you ever need to bake something quick, these are our go to option. Best served warm, they are deliciously light and fluffy with melting Cadbury chocolate – what more do you want?!
250g plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
85g white granulated sugar
90ml sunflower oil
200g bar of Cadbury dairy milk, chopped
1) preheat oven to 170 degrees and put muffin cases in a muffin tin
2) sift together the flour and baking powder into a large bowl then stir in the sugar, then stir in the chocolate
3) in a seperate bowl beat an egg and stir in the milk followed by the oil
4) add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. This should only take 30 seconds, the batter will look lumpy, but no dry flour should be visible
5) spoon into the muffin cases (3/4 full), and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden brown and spring back when pressed
6) allow to cool for several minutes and then enjoy warm (try not to eat them all at once!)
Chocolate chip muffins are an absolute classic, however there are so many variants of muffins to make from sweet to savoury. We are going to experiment with some different flavours, any reccomendations?