There seems to be a theme going on here, first we had Budapest Brunchin’ and now its off to Barcelona for a spot of brunch.
As with the visit to Budapest we found all our brunch places in Barcelona from Instagram. We used the hashtag #barcelonabrunch and #barcelonacoffee and our list of places to go just got longer and longer. Sadly we only managed to visited 3 places for Brunch (we were only there for 3 days!), however will also share the other places we wanted to visit, and you will have to let us know what you think/share photos to make us jealous!
1) Brunch and Cake – there are 4 Brunch and Cake’s in Barcelona (Brunch and Cake, Travel and Cake, Cup and Cake, Brunch and Cake by the Sea) but we decided to visit Brunch and Cake by the Sea as this was the closest one to our hotel, and it had outside seating too. The pictures on Instagram of this place looked amazing and we wanted to go there long before Zanna mentioned it on her vlog! However after she visited, we knew we had to as we knew it would be good! The food was so colourful and the menu was expansive and there was so much to choose from. However one issue we did have and we will be honest here is that you cannot make alterations to ANYTHING on the menu which we think was a little silly. Okay, we understand for the food as it does make life easier for the chefs, but for the drinks too….. really? All we wanted to do was have almond milk instead of coconut milk in a smoothie but no. Anyway rant over, at least if you are to visit you all now know that you cannot change any dishes or drinks and have to take them as they are. This means you may want to look at the menu in detail before going. On a positive note the food and drinks we enjoyed were delicious and most certainly an Instagramers dream. Definitely check this place out if you are off to Barcelona.
2) Mr Robinson – this place is tucked away and isn’t somewhere you would just stumble across. There is inside and outside seating and the decor is amazing and the staff are lovely. We loved our brunch here and again the menu was amazing with so much to choose from and dishes to suit all needs. We would 100% recommend the smoothie bowls if you go as they we DELICIOUS!
3) Alsur Cafe – oh wow this cafe is so cute situated on a beautiful square with an amazing outside terrace. The food here is very unique and quirky we loved the waffle sandwich it was divine. Again so much food to choose from that you want to spend the whole day here eating and drinking.
4) Topico BCN – We didn’t have a chance to visit here, however their Instagram is so bright and colourful it looks amazing, everything seems to be served with flowers! If we had another day here we would certainly be taking a visit here.
5) Green and Berry – this place was a little too far away from our hotel to visit for brunch and we were also too far to have the food delivered by Deliveroo (trust us we did look into it as we wanted to sample the food so bad!). Described as a health food store the food and brunch in particular looks amazing from here, their Instagram account leaves us drooling!
6) Flax and Kale – we literally love their Instagram account and spied their healthy ice cream so we HAD to go! There is Flax and Kale and also Flax and Kale a porter (takeaway). We really really wish we had a chance to return here and sample their brunch as it looks amazing. The cafe is pretty big and there is outside seating too which is a bonus.
7) Cocuy Cafe – Another cafe that looks like Instagram heaven, here you can get brunch and also bagels and smoothies too. Just stalk their Instagram and it will make you instantly hungry!
8) El Flako (Cornflakes and co) – this is basically a cereal cafe and as we are both cereal lovers we wish we could’ve visited here too. Guess we will just had a to make a return visit to Barcelona. If you love cereal, then this is the perfect place to grab some breakfast/brunch
9) Milk – located in the gothic quarter is this quaint cafe that also serves brunch. We opted not to visit here as we wanted to brunch at places with outside seating. However their menu and food looked divine.