Is it just us or every winter do you have that one new coat that you will always choose to wear over any other coats you own? That is exactly what we have been doing with our Lapasa coat, we absolutely love it, especially as we are now matching head to toe!
Lapasa very kindly sent us both a windproof winter puffer coat in the colour burgundy (our favourite colour) and we haven’t taken it off since. Although it feels quite thin it is incredibly warm and the perfect coat to take if you are travelling somewhere as it is very light weight.
We have been working with Lapasa for a few months now (catch up on our previous blog post about the brand here), we absolutely love working with Lapasa the products are an amazing quality and we couldn’t recommend them enough as a brand.
It is the perfect every day use coat, but would also be great for any outdoor winter sports. We have worn it on so many winter walks over the festive period and everyone always complements us on it.
Lapasa have so many amazing products we couldn’t promote their leggings anymore than we already do. They are super soft and fit amazingly (they are super high waisted which we love). We have got them in a range of colours and literally live in our black ones.
The jacket is £35.95 which is such a good price for a coat especially as it is so versatile. You can also use our code ‘TWOBRITS’ at checkout to get 5% off all orders, we always order the products from the Amazon (the delivery time is amazing).
Sometimes just small steps or simple changes are all you need to do to live a little healthier lifestyle. The worst thing to do is to change everything about your life and routine because that’s not sustainable and you wont be able to do it forever. Making small changes to your routine and lifestyle is the best way. We have written down a couple of tips for you to get started!
1) Take the stairs – we know everyone says this but honestly taking the stairs is such a fab idea and also helps build those glutes! If you work in a tall office then opt to take the stairs in the morning rather than the lift. If you are in a shopping mall take the stairs instead of the escalator or lift. If you are travelling on the London Underground choose to walk up the escalator rather than stand. A small change but a bit difference
2) Get off a stop earlier – again we know everyone says this but again its a great idea and something that can be so easily added to your daily routine. If you take the bus or train anywhere, get off a stop early and walk that little bit further. It also much nicer to and great time to have some time to yourself and have a lovely walk – you may discover new places that you never knew existed!
3) Get out at lunch – you are given a lunch break for a reason, TAKE IT! So many people these days choose to sit at their desk on in the office for their lunch break. Most companies do not pay your for your lunch break, you are entitled to it so take it! Going for a walk at lunch not only breaks up your day, it also clears your head and gives your that motivation for the afternoon but is a great way to do a gentle walk. Just go on a short walk outside around your workplace and its a very easy way to get your body mood and heart racing.
4) Get a Fitbit or similar – now we know this is something that involves costs but all the devices that track your steps are great motivation. We both have Fitbits (and even wrote a post all about our love for them!), and we do not know what we would do without them now. Fitbit’s add that extra bit of motivation to your day to try and walk those 10,000 steps. However they also track your sleep and can tell you every hour that you need to be active.
5) Eat breakfast – breakfast is the most important meal of the day and our favourite meal too. We absolutely love love breakfast, its so tasty and there are so many different things you can have for breakfast. We sometimes wish we didnt work so we can make super tasty breakfasts every morning. But then again it gives us something to look forward to at the weekend. During the week we will usually have, porridge, yoghurt and granola or overnight oats for breakfast. However at the weekend we like to experiment with our breakfasts and try new recipes, with our firm favourites being pancakes or waffles. Make sure you eat breakfast every morning because this sets you up for the day and will stop you from snacking on sugary things mid morning .
6) Avoid coffee and sugary things before bed – in the evening you need to start winding down early so you get a good nights sleep. Avoid drinking coffee in the evenings or any fizzy drinks. Also avoid any sugary foods too as all of these things will keep you awake and stop you from getting to sleep. A good night sleep is key to any lifestyle and will make your weeks feel much better.
Going to the gym and doing the same workout time and time again is going to become so boring, your body will become used to the exercises meaning you probably wont make the progress you want to make. Don’t be afraid to mix up your workout stepping well and truly out of your comfort zone.
Don’t be afraid to ask for help at the gym if you don’t know how to use a machine just ask someone whether this is a member of staff at the gym or someone else who looks like they know what they are doing. We have asked so many different people in the past and it now means we can use the equipment and machines correctly.
Lift some weights… If you prefer to do cardio in the gym or attend gym classes why not try lifting a few weights? The weights room can be intimidating but once you have been once or twice it is honestly fine! Lifting weights is not going to make you big and bulky! Don’t rush your sets when lifting weights we all know those people in the gym who hang around the machine for a while before asking you how many sets you have left. Whatever you do no matter how intimidated you are don’t lie and say you only have one left when in fact you have only just got the machine yourself.
Watch YouTube videos to get some new ideas and learn the correct technique. We spend a lot of time on YouTube and especially enjoy work out videos. We will be doing a blog post soon on all our favourite Fitness YouTubers so make sure you look out for that. We have also recently started vlogging/Youtubing oursevles and we will be regularly posting our own workout videos.
Attend a new class they will challenge you and could work different groups of muscles, plus they can be really fun. There are so many great classes you could attend for example; boxercise, body pump, Metafit, Spinning, TRX, Legs bums & Tums, Pilates, Yoga and the list goes on.
We hope these top tips help you to mix up your workouts in the future! We love doing new workouts it keeps us motivated and we look forward to going to the gym day in day out. If your gym sessions start to feel like a chore then its probably time for a change.