We spied funfetti cupcakes on Pinterest and they reminded us of summer so we decided they were the perfect bake now the weather is nicer and it feels like summer is on its way!
You make our basic vanilla cupcake recipe and add some sprinkles to the mixture. You can use the long strands or the hundred and thousands, you could go multi-coloured or choose just one colour. These cupcakes are super fun and would be great at a summer party!
tsp baking powder
drop vanilla essence
250g icing sugar
80g butter, softened
1) Preheat the over to 180 degrees and put 12 cupcake cases into a cupcake tray (we used red spotty cases from Tesco)
2) For the cake beat together the butter and sugar in a free standing mixer, beat until the mixture is fluffy.
3)Crack in the eggs, sift in the flour and add the baking powder and vanilla essence. Beat until the mixture is combined but do not over mix.
4) Stir in the sprinkles with a spatula, do not mix too much as the colour starts to run. Add as little or a lot as you want, the more you use the brighter the cupcakes will be.
5) Spoon the mixture into the cases and then cook in the oven for 12 minutes. A skwewer should come out clean and they should look golden. Leave to cool
6) For the icing put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until fluffy. The longer you mix the fluffier and nicer the icing will be.
7) Pipe the icing onto the cupcakes when they are cool and then top with more sprinkles