It is really Christmas if you haven’t tucked into some delicious homemade gingerbread men? We think not! Ever since we were little it has been a tradition to make them and every year they taste just as good.
We use the same recipe year in year out as it has never let us down, they are rich and spicy and just so dam tasty. Everyone we know has tried them and they always ask for the recipe, so we thought we would publish it on our blog.
We are going away for the weekend to Bath with some of our school friends so these will definitely be coming along for the ride (if they make it that far).
275g Flour (plain or you can use spelt flour)
1tsp Baking Powder
100g Coconut Sugar
75g Unsalted Butter
1 large egg
50g Maple Syrup
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and Ginger into a large mixing bowl
Add the Coconut Sugar and stir until combined
- Chop the butter into small segments and add to the dry ingredients. Use your fingers to rub the ingredients together, continue to do so until the ingredients look like bread crumbs
- In a measuring just whisk an egg and add the maple syrup and milk
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and poor the egg mixture in
Stir until all the ingredients come together and form a dough
- Wrap the ingredients in cling film and leave in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes
While the dough is in the oven preheat the oven to 160oc
- Flour a kitchen worktop and roll out the Dough to about a 1/4 inch thick. cut out gingerbread men (we did trees as well this time) with a cutter
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Allow to fully cool before eating and decorating if you wish to do so